Room Design I.T. Software Tools App

70/30 Style


A Space can be designed using 100% of any style Or using 100% of just one of the 4 Basic Styles.


To create a visually appealing room, divide the area into a 70:30 ratio. Create a design with 70 or 30% percent of the space with your anchor style and the other 70 to 30 percent of a different style (or styles).

No boundaries: The 70/30 split rule is perfect because it means you can add everything you love. Your residence should be a view of you and your personality. The 70/30 split rule is ideal because it incorporates everything you enjoy. If a specific style or surface has inspired you, this method is a starting point. Whether from the ideas of a book or your travels around the globe.

Fear: Getting rid of the fear of doing it wrong is the key to completing this style. It has to do with blending steel with wood, cowhide with glass – and the primary area to deal with should be the time dividers. There are more dividers in any layout than anywhere else, so adding interest here is crucial. This method can be accomplished with polished backdrops, partition wall paintings, or severe shading strikes.

Accessories are crucial for distinctiveness and contributing to a plot’s overall diversity. It is critical for a plan to both amaze and create harmony in a place; you can achieve this by not matching the entirety of the interior components – this will provide variety and speed to the area. Don’t be frightened to select pieces that are authentic representations of you and your personality; they are the things that say something about you and your home.

You know you will love them, distinguishing a house from a home. Comfort, which comes from a home that genuinely answers the proprietor and their needs, is considered the ideal gift in any interior design scheme.

Mixing: while 70% of the space has been brightened with gritty earthenware, this bold room has a wide-open scene on the headboard combined with an energetic Aztec-motivated toss and carpet, while 30% has been given to playing with universally affected patterns, a wide-open set on the headboard combined with a vibrant Aztec-motivated toss and carpet. The bedside table lights also have a smidgeon of contemporary American flair.

Country mixed contemporary finishes: 

  1. A winning combination that never goes out of style could blend a traditional country look with current completions. 70% of the room has a country atmosphere (those botanical drapes, turned table, piano, and big footstool), yet 30% of the room is sleek and trendy.
  2. Combining a variety of contemporary furniture and goods with more traditional, yet still present, items. 
  3. Proceed with caution when planning designs, maintaining the structure’s history while creating a welcoming and comfortable home if a building has a long history.

Contemporary mixed with vintage pieces: 

  1. A delightful mix of contemporary furnishings that sits so well with some stunning Mid-century or vintage pieces is a great joy in design layering.
  2. There is unquestionably a need for some form of harmony. With vintage objects sourced from various collectibles markets, giving the area an ageless vibe, this layering approach, in my opinion, adds a credible touch to any interior and makes a space feel ideal and as it should.

Modern Farmhouse and Modern finishes (for instance): 

  1. An excellent way to add edge and a contemporary vibe is pairing a contemporary wrap with a cutting-edge farmhouse or country-style aesthetic theme. 
  2. An ageless kitchen layout with vintage details can be updated with industrial-style black-framed windows.

Guideline: The 70/30 split approach brightens 70 percent of an area in one way and the remaining 30 percent in another and is more of a rule than an immovable law. You may use this interior design method throughout the improvement procedure. However, this combination of elements keeps things cohesive regardless of how you utilize them because most stylistic themes are based on a single set of assumptions. The remaining (20% to 30%) provide accents, art, and pops for interest.

Application: So, how can you use this guide in real life? The style of furnishings and décor in each room is the most common. With 30% in a different style, such as collectible or vintage, 70% of the stylistic arrangement should be in one style, such as antique or modern; in this scenario, the antique softens the leading design and add visual intrigue.

Another convenient maneuver from experts for balancing different styles in the same space and obtaining your proportions correct is the 70-30 split. That suggests decorating 70% of the room in a unique style and the remaining 30% in a thoroughly different style. Such a maneuver presents a guaranteed way of supplying character to any space, and it also suggests using several contemporary items to spice up a significantly traditional scheme.